Reflection


Within a short span of three months, the module technical communications one has certainly taught me a lot. While the module focuses mainly on effective communication, the main takeaways were how to effectively give feedbacks and the proper format of report writing. There were a lot of interactions during classes, from reading off from slides to group work. The idea of using blogspot as a platform of submitting our work was great as it can be used to archive our work as well as give us a reference to our peer’s work. When we started our design report, that was where we applied what we have learnt so far earlier in the module. There were tasks to be completed during class as well as after. These tasks were each a small part of the design report. I like how they were broken down as it gives us time to understand the proper framework and what was expected of us for each task.

For the showcase, I was part of the committee. I was appointed to be the overall in-charge of the event. My first thought when I was appointed the role was that I wanted to back away from it. However, I remembered how I have always wanted to be part of an organizing committee. It was a fun yet tiring experience. I had to liaise with several people but thankfully, with the help of the whole committee, the showcase was a success. The whole process taught me to be clear when communicating as well as time management. The feedback I heard from the judges gave me an idea on the views of the corporate world, such as what they would expect from a presentation.

Overall, I feel that the module was important and relevant as it taught me the skills I need for my future endeavors. However, the module felt like a crash course as it was quite fast paced. But the objectives of the module were met nonetheless. Lastly, I would like to thank Professor Brad for making the lessons fun and giving us feedback for every assignment. Also, thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of the showcase committee.


Comments

  1. Thanks a million for this final reflection, Atiqah. I appreciate the detailed effort with this last assignment, the extra hard work you did with the showcase, and your fine attitude with the module in general. You've done a very fine job throughout all the various activities. It was indeed a crash course, and you survived the better for it :)

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Introduction

Week 3 Assignment - Summary of a telematics product